Posts tagged apple
There hasn’t been so much buzz about the tablet since Moses got down from the mountain after his acid trip. Today, Mr. Jobs unveiled the mighty Apple iPad, which I think is crap (until I get one for free, then it’s ok).
It’s just a giant iPod Touch, people will not give up their iPhones and MacBooks for it.
Find out more by searching on Google, or something.
The 5 real reasons to avoid iPhone 3G:
- iPhone completely blocks free software. Developers must pay a tax to Apple, who becomes the sole authority over what can and can’t be on everyone’s phones.
- iPhone endorses and supports Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) technology.
- iPhone exposes your whereabouts and provides ways for others to track you without your knowledge.
- iPhone won’t play patent- and DRM-free formats like Ogg Vorbis and Theora.
- iPhone is not the only option. There are better alternatives on the horizon that respect your freedom, don’t spy on you, play free media formats, and let you use free software – like the FreeRunner.
Apple, through its marketing and visual design techniques, is manufacturing an illusion that merely buying an Apple makes you part of an alternative community. But the technology they use is explicitly chosen to divide people into separate digital cells, and to position Apple as sole warden. When your business depends on people paying for the privilege of being locked up, the prison better look and feel luxurious, and the bars better not be too visible.
Read the whole story on Free Software Foundation